MSG - Wake Forest Eagles
MSB - South Wake Sabres
JVB - East Wake (Wilson) Dash
VG - North Wake Storm
VB - South Charlotte Thunder
Click Here for Results
Click here for 2019 East Regional Results
MSG - Wake Forest
MSB - South Wake
JVB - East Wake (Wilson)
VG - South Wake
VB - South Wake
Click here for 2019 West Regional Results
MSG - Cabarrus
MSB - Cabarrus
JVB - Cabarrus
VG - Surry
VB - South Charlotte
* JVB Basketball. References to East Wake is also known as Wilson.
|Game 01 - JVB||Wake Forest vs. Durham||Durham 52-50 (OT)|
|Game 02 - MSB||Alamance vs. Wake Forest||Wake Forest 41-35|
|Game 03 - JVB||South Wake vs. Wilmington||South Wake 47-36|
|Game 04 - JVB||East Wake vs. Harnett||East Wake 67-27|
|Game 05 - VG||East Wake vs. Durham||East Wake 43-26|
|Game 06 - VB||Wake Forest vs. Chatham||Wake Forest 87-80|
|Game 07 - VB||North Wake vs. Durham||North Wake 42-36|
|Game 08 - VB||Wilmington vs. Alamance||Wilmington 54-42|
|Game 09 - JVB||East Wake vs. Durham||East Wake 62-31|
|Game 10 - MSB||North Wake vs. Durham||North Wake 36-31|
|Game 11 - JVB||North Wake vs. South Wake||North Wake 66-34|
|Game 12 - MSG||Chatham vs. Wilmington||Chatham 39-12|
|Game 13 - VG||South Wake vs. East Wake||South Wake 66-14|
|Game 14 - MSG||North Wake vs. Alamance||North Wake 37-17|
|Game 15 - VG||North Wake vs. Chatham||North Wake 56-25|
|Game 16 - VB||South Wake vs. Wake Forest||South Wake 79-51|
|Game 17 - VB||Wilmington vs. North Wake||North Wake 62-47|
|Game 18 - MSG||South Wake vs. North Wake||South Wake 42-30|
|Game 19 - MSG||Wake Forest vs. Chatham||Wake Forest 36-9|
|Game 20 - MSB||North Wake vs. Wilmington||North Wake 46-22|
|Game 21 - MSB||South Wake vs. Wake Forest||South Wake 56-21|
|Game 22 - MSG||Wake Forest vs. South Wake||* Wake Forest 20-17|
|Game 23 - JVB||North Wake vs. East Wake||* East Wake 44-40|
|Game 24 - MSB||North Wake vs. South Wake||* South Wake 57-29|
|Game 25 - VG||South Wake vs. North Wake||* South Wake 56-49|
|Game 26 - VB||South Wake vs. North Wake||* South Wake 55-36|
|Game 01 - JVB||Rockingham vs. Forsyth||Rockingham 71-56|
|Game 02 - MSB||Cabarrus vs. South Charlotte||Cabarrus 68-14|
|Game 03 - MSB||Forsyth vs. Guilford||Forsyth 52-11|
|Game 04 - MSG||Cabarrus vs. Guilford||Cabarrus 37-25|
|Game 05 - JVB||South Charlotte vs.Rockingham||South Charlotte 94-39|
|Game 06 - JVB||Cabarrus vs. Guilford||Cabarrus 51-43|
|Game 07 - VG||Surry vs. Cabarrus||Surry 67-50|
|Game 08 - VB||Forsyth vs. Cabarrus||Forsyth 71-45|
|Game 09 - MSG||Forsyth vs. Cabarrus||* Cabarrus 24-23|
|Game 10 - MSB||Cabarrus vs. Forsyth||* Cabarrus 56-46|
|Game 11 - JVB||South Charlotte vs. Cabarrus||* Cabarrus 78-70|
|Game 12 - VG||High Point vs. Surry||* Surry 55-51|
|Game 13 - VB||South Charlotte vs. Forsyth||* South Charlotte 59-50|
|Game 01 - MSG||Wake Forest vs. Forsyth||Wake Forest 33-18|
|Game 02 - MSG||Cabarrus vs. South Wake||South Wake 38-23|
|Game 03 - MSB||South Wake vs. Forsyth||South Wake 57-23|
|Game 04 - MSB||Cabarrus vs. North Wake||Cabarrus 71-22|
|Game 05 - JVB||East Wake vs. South Charlotte||East Wake 56-42|
|Game 06 - JVB||Cabarrus vs. North Wake||North Wake 71-63|
|Game 07 - VG||South Wake vs. High Point||South Wake 56-43|
|Game 08 - VG||Surry vs. North Wake||North Wake 56-37|
|Game 09 - VB||South Wake vs. Forsyth||South Wake 59-54|
|Game 10 - VB||South Charlotte vs. North Wake||South Charlotte 52-35|
|Game 11 - MSG||Wake Forest vs. South Wake||# Wake Forest 35-31|
|Game 12 - MSB||Cabarrus vs. South Wake||# South Wake 60-55|
|Game 13 - JVB||East Wake vs. North Wake||# East Wake 53-48|
|Game 14 - VG||South Wake vs. North Wake||# North Wake 50-44|
|Game 15 - VB||South Charlotte vs. South Wake||# South Charlotte 73-58|
Team Contacts :
|Name of Program||Region||Main Contact||Main Contact Email||AD||AD Email||Scheduler||Scheduler Email|
|Alamance||EAST||Mark Foresteremail@example.com||Brenda Jodreyfirstname.lastname@example.org||Brenda Jodreyemail@example.com|
|Chatham||EAST||Doug Cunninghamfirstname.lastname@example.org||Doug Cunninghamemail@example.com||Angie Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Durham||EAST||Renee Parkeremail@example.com||Renee Parkerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Kenan Greenwoodemail@example.com|
|East Wake||EAST||Lynn Adamsfirstname.lastname@example.org||Lynn Adamsemail@example.com||John Skinnerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Goldsboro||EAST||Whitney Kaleremail@example.com||Whitney Kalerfirstname.lastname@example.org||Whitney Kaleremail@example.com|
|Harnett||EAST||Pamela Johnsonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Bobby Matthewsemail@example.com||Bobby Matthewsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|North Wake||EAST||Kyle Mendenhallemail@example.com||Kyle Mendenhallfirstname.lastname@example.org||Kyle Mendenhallemail@example.com|
|South Wake||EAST||Mike Casonfirstname.lastname@example.org||Mike Casonemail@example.com||Tyler Wrightfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Wake Forest||EAST||Kyle Jarmanemail@example.com||Stephan Boutinfirstname.lastname@example.org||Stephan Boutinemail@example.com|
|Wilmington||EAST||Kelli Stricklandfirstname.lastname@example.org||Kelli Stricklandemail@example.com||Melissa Battsfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Asheville||WEST||Donnie Davisemail@example.com||Donnie Davisfirstname.lastname@example.org||Donnie Davisemail@example.com|
|Cabarrus||WEST||Tim Harrellfirstname.lastname@example.org||John Freyemail@example.com||Brian Holmfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Forsyth||WEST||Mark R Kozlowskiemail@example.com||Mark R Kozlowskifirstname.lastname@example.org||Mark R Kozlowskiemail@example.com|
|Guilford||WEST||Tony Childrey||Tonychildrey@gmail.com||Tony Childrey||Tonychildrey@gmail.com||Colleen||Colleenchildrey@gmail.com|
|High Point||WEST||Tommy Millarfirstname.lastname@example.org||Tommy Millaremail@example.com||Tommy Millarfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Rockingham||WEST||Julie Knightemail@example.com||Todd Knightfirstname.lastname@example.org||Julie Knightemail@example.com|
|South Charlotte||WEST||Jewel Abbottfirstname.lastname@example.org||Jewel Abbottemail@example.com||Jewel Abbottfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Surry||WEST||Rodney Boydemail@example.com||Rodney Boydfirstname.lastname@example.org||Todd Hillemail@example.com|
The rules and guidelines that are highlighted reflect what goes into effect beginning for the 2018-19 season.
See Deadlines tab on for due dates of registering teams and submitting rosters and schedules. https://www.ncheac.com/rulesandforms
A. League Related Guidelines:
1) Varsity teams shall compete as a single conference (per region).
2) All new teams and all teams ordering new uniforms, must submit a proof picture of the front and back of their new uniforms before ordering, to ensure they are in accordance per NFHS rules.
3) At tournaments, the team with the highest seed is designated as the HOME and wears white.
4) No consolation games, unless a third place team at a regional is needed to make up the fourth team of the upcoming state tournament.
5) If NCHEAC approves dual eligibility for a program, then the Committee feels that 7 players is a sufficient number of players to field an effective team.
6) Each team could be asked to provide 1.5 hours of volunteer help for each tournament game in which their team participates. Teams are given at least 3 hours rest between games. Fans are encouraged to sit behind or across from their team’s bench if such seating is available.
7) In the event that weather or other unavoidable circumstances, some games at the basketball regional tournaments may be canceled. In the event that the championship games are canceled, regular season seeding will be used to determine which team is the number 1 and number 2 seeds at the State Tournament.
8) AD meetings for basketball will be held at the respective regional tournaments.
9) Starting 2017-18 – For Varsity: The state championship team will receive a banner, while the state runner-up will receive a trophy.
10) Regular Season tie-breaker sequence
1. Head to Head
2. Point Spreads (of the teams in involved in the tie)
3. Quarters won (Overtime is not considered a quarter)
4. Coin toss
B. Game Related Guidelines:
1) NCHEAC has adopted the 40 point mercy rule.
2) NFHS rules require the home team to wear a white uniform. NCHEAC teams must wear white when designated as the HOME team for league regular season and tournament play.
3) Basketball programs will be required to use a certified officiating agency (one under a regional supervisor) for conference games. (This should include random rotation of referees). No official may be used in NCHEAC games who was/is a player, coach, or team administrative
personnel of the home team, in the past 5 years.
4) Three officials shall be used for all Varsity Boys and Girls games (including Regular Season and Regional and State tournaments).
5) Three officials will be used in the JV division at the state basketball tournament.
6) All NCHEAC League games for Varsity and JV basketball must be played using 8 minute quarters. It is the responsibility of both teams to assure 8 minute quarters are used and if less than 8 minutes are used, NCHEAC may impose up to double forfeits. Middle School Basketball will be 6 minutes. NCHEAC will review reported cases of using the wrong length of quarters and will confirm if the home team uses the wrong length of quarters. In games where less than 8 minutes are used, the board may issue forfeit penalties to both teams, pending investigation. There will be no penalty when officials change the length of quarters incorrectly, unless instructed to do so by the home team which will result in a forfeit or the game being replayed.
7) Scorekeepers/clock operators should be a minimum of 16 years old unless both teams agree to a younger person. If a team cannot supply an experienced clock operator or score bookkeeper of appropriate age, then the other team can fulfill this requirement. At the regional or state tournaments, if the visiting team is unable to provide an EXPERIENCED clock operator, they shall be assessed a $25 fine and NCHEAC shall provide one.
8) At NCHEAC Regional and State Tournaments, the number of people allowed at the table will be only 3; (1 visitor team clock operator; 1 home team bookkeeper, 1 visitor team bookkeeper). Home team is responsible for the book and will use their book as the official book at all regional and
state tournaments. Visiting team is responsible for the clock at regional and state tournaments unless facility provides their own clock operators.
9) Court Dimension: The court shall be 84 feet x 50 feet with 3 feet clear. Maximum of 94 feet in length.
10) Adequate lighting is a must when choosing a sports facility to host your NCHEAC games
11) There must be a minimum of a 10 minute warm-up time before all league games. Half-time for middle school must be a minimum of 6 minutes and high school games (JV and Varsity) 10 minutes.
C. Player Related Guidelines:
1) A DISQUALIFICATION as a result of 2 technical fouls is a simple removal from the present game with the player being able to return to the team at their next game .
D. Coach Related Guidelines:
1) If a coach or team official verbally assaults an official after a game is over, TECHNICAL FOULS can be assessed which could result in overtime and even the reversal of the outcome of the game.
2) Coaches will be asked to select a player or players from your team to be named to the all-tournament team. The number of players selected depends on your place of finish in the tournament. First place is usually 3 players, second place is usually 2 players, and all other place of finish is one player. The number of selections may vary by sport and teams in the tournaments.
3) ALL-CONFERENCE - Coaches can vote for more than one player on a given team. For all-conference balloting :
a) Refer to the instructions sent out at ballot time from the director’s email.
b) Coaches will continue to nominate from their team (no cap, but the number should be appropriate)
c) Coaches vote for the top 8 players in a 5-4-3-2-1-1-1-1 format when there are 5 or more teams in the conference
d) 1 point will be added to a player’s total if all opposing coaches place them on their ballot
e) Players must be named on at least 2 ballots if 5 or more teams are in the conference
f) All-star coaches may only pick additional players from the nominated list until of these are used. The top 7 (6 if only 2 teams in a region/conference) vote getters plus ties, make the team and the selected all-star coach can pick the remaining players, but only 1 (this limit shall not apply in a 2 team conference/region, but additional picks from the coach’s team shall be done in consultation with the NCHEAC Commissioner) from his/her own team. Balloting for Defensive Player Of the Year and Coach of Year will be by a ranking vote.
E. Fan Related Guidelines:
1) Fans are prohibited from playing basketball on the courts during game breaks and between games at NCHEAC tournaments There is to be no use of the basketball court for shooting baskets other than by the teams scheduled to use the court.